Friday, April 30, 2010

Introducing NVEY eco

I am a makeup junkie. I have been ever since my mom bought me my first play makeup set and nail polish. Unfortunately, most of that makeup I've been collecting over the years is made up of junk. But not anymore! In addition to our already stellar lines (Larenim and Lavera are the larger two, but we also have Honeybee Gardens, Kiss My Face and Aubrey), we would like to welcome NVEY eco (pronounced NA-vey).

NVEY is the first, and only, certified organic cosmetic line (certified by the OrganicFood Chain and the Australian Government) in the United States. The line is a mixture of plants and minerals and is great for all skin types. Many of NVEY's products feature ingredients like beeswax, rose absolute, jojoba oil, chamomile, and vitamins A, E, & C. After applying makeup with ingredients like that, it would be impossible for your skin to not feel nourished, moisturized and healthy! While NVEY eco has only been in the US since 2006, its parent company (NVEY Le Maquillage) has been in the cosmetic industry for nearly 50 years. NVEY eco was released after 9 years of intensive development and testing. The NVEY company is based in Australia and must meet their stringent requirements.

The line also boasts incredibly long staying power. Now, I know what you're thinking. EVERY line says that their makeup lasts all day. So, I came to the store with nothing but my mascara on (not a pretty sight, trust me) and played beautician at 9:30 in the morning. I didn't look in a mirror until 3 and was impressed that not only had my foundation not rubbed off or absorbed into my skin, my eyeshadow hadn't creased at ALL and, despite eating lunch and drinking from a water bottle all day, my lipstick was still perfectly in place. And, amazingly enough, when I got home at 7, very little had changed.

I will warn you, the prices are a little higher than what you are probably used to spending (especially if you are loyal to the drugstore brands), but it is good for your skin, looks amazing and you really don't have to use much at all for great coverage. And remember, the line is new to us too... So if you come in and see a colour you want that we don't have, tell us! We'll happily order it in for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment