Monday, March 15, 2010

Vegan News!



As the "resident vegan" here at Food For Thought, I try to keep current on trends in vegetarian and vegan foods. Recently there has been a lot to keep up on! Gardein vegan frozen foods have been mentioned on Oprah, Ellen, and many other tv shows. Alicia Silverstone has had huge success with her book, The Kind Diet. The "Skinny Bitch" book spawned several sequels, including the cook book "Skinny Bitch In The Kitch". Ellen Degeneres and many other celebrities have started proclaiming how great they feel about going vegan.

I recently became a "born again vegan", after falling off the wagon about 5 years ago. I've had an easy time with not eating meat, and haven't in 15 years. But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't crave cheese pizza every now and then! Since discovering Vegan Gourmet cheeses from Follow Your Heart, though, the substitution is much more enjoyable! I've never been dissapointed with Follow Your Heart products! Food For Thought also has a wide array of non-dairy cheeses, sour cream, cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, soy and coconut milk yogurts, and my new favorite: coconut milk coffee creamer (yum!!).

If you are a recently converted or a life long vegan, Food For Thought has tons of options for you! We also have a great selection of vegan cookbooks & Veg News Magazine.

Here is a favorite recipe of mine from the Vegan Yum Yum blog.

-Jessica (Your Resident Vegan)

No comments:

Post a Comment