Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vegan Wednesday!

Tuna (Not) Salad Mix by Dixie Carb Counters

This great new vegan salad mix is now available at Food For Thought. I haven't had tuna in close to 15 years, so I didn't really have a way to gauge how closely this tasted to the real thing. But I do know that it was delicious! The dry mix is made with soy flour, onion, veggie protein, garlic, soy protein, celery, mustard, red pepper, and loads more spices. I added Spectrum brand Eggless Mayonnaise and organic pickle relish (for a little tanginess!). I served mine on toasted Rudi's bread. You can spice it up with some variations, such as sliced almond, grape halves, green onions or celery. It's a great mix to experiment with! You can make sandwiches, cold tuna salad with pasta, tuna casserole, etc.

*Made with Non-GMO soybeans!












No comments:

Post a Comment