Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Gluten-Free Independence Day

Independence Day is right around the corner... I can almost smell the bug spray-chlorine-firework combo I've become so accustomed to this time of year! Many of you, like me, have a gluten intolerance of some sort and while summer time inspires many of us to bond with family and friends on the back deck over a grill, navigating the food brought to these gathering can be stressful. Click here to see the ins and outs of gluten-free eating at these events.

If you're planning on doing some gluten-free cooking this weekend, Food For Thought can help provide some of those sometimes tricky essentials at great prices!

Want to provide an easy side? Lundberg Rice Chips are $2.19 a bag- and there are five delicious flavors (the wasabi is my personal favorite- it's not NEARLY as spicy as you'd think). These are so good my non-gluten-free friends and I fight over them!


Tinkyada pastas are only $3.19 if you're feeling up to making a yummy pasta salad! I found a bunch of tempting recipes online... Tinkyada is a rice pasta and has a great consistency that most people love.


And if you're in charge of a dessert, Arrowhead Mills Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix is $3.79. It makes a ton of cookies that taste better than their "real" counterparts!


Have a wonderful Independence Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment